- The Mother Ship is a customizable ship that the player can build using various modules.
- To build it, access Panel -> Mother Ship -> Construction.
- Each player may can only have one Mother Ship.
- The ship is composed of: Structural Basis, Simple Modules and Special Modules.
- Construction of first level includes Structural Bases level 1 and 1 Fusion Engine Module.
- There are two limiters on the ship: Energy (generated by Engine Modules) and fields (provided by Structural Basis level).
2.1 Structural Basis
- The Structural Basis is the main structure that supports the Mother Ship.
- Its evolution increases the size of the ship, which in turn increases the total number of fields provided.
- The cost of the Structural Basis doubles at each level.
- The number of fields and energy increase but at a lower rate.
- The size class of the ship is calculated like so:
- Structural Basis Level 1 - Small
- Structural Basis Level 2 to 4 - Medium
- Structural Basis Level 5 to 7 - Large
- Structural Basis Level 8 or higher - Huge or Titan
2.2 Simple Modules
- All simple modules are caracterized by their price, fields and energy usage/generation.
- Each of these values are constant per module type.
- There are 2 types of Engine Modules:
- The engines are the only modules that provide energy for the ship's functioning.
- The player can choose what type of engine the ship will use.
- Both Engine Modules can be built, although only one type of engine can work at a time.
- For energy purposes, only the selected engine will generate energy.
- The more engines of the same type, the more energy generated.
- The more surplus energy there is, the faster will the ship be.
- Armor on the Mother Ship is calculated like so:
- Armor = (Metal_Value * 0.05) + (Diamond_Value * 0.45)
- The value of the ship is explained below.
- The Armor Module is used to substancially increase the value of the ship so that it will have a thicker armor and corrosion resistance.
2.2.3 Cargo Hold
- The Cargo Hold Module will provide a larger cargo capacity for resource and robots transportation.
- If you have no Cargo Hold Module, the Mother Ship will only be able to store 100 resourse units.
2.2.4 Cannons and Shields
- These modules are destined for combat usages (attack or defense).
- The number of cannons of each type that the ship possesses represent the number of shots of that type that the ship will fire per round.
2.3 Special Modules
- Special Modules do not use fields nor energy, but they have a variable price.
- Construction time of Special Modules are constant, that means that they will be the same regardless of Hangar and Armament Factory levels.
2.3.1 Special Modules Price
- The cost of the Special Modules depends upon Structural Basis level.
- Until they are constructed, each Special Module doubles its price for each Structural Basis Level.
- When you build a Special Module, the Structural Basis Price increases accordingly to the price of the module.
- The module costs 5 Nanites (with Structural Basis at 1)
- After aquisition of the module, the Structural Basis for level 2 will cost 5 Nanites plus.
- In this way, building a special module with, for example, SB at level 2 and evolve it to level 10 will have the same total cost of evolving the SB to level 10 and then build the Special Module.
2.4 Escape Module
- This module provides the Mother Ship a means of evaluation and escape of a combat situation.
- When built, you can configure the module in the main section of the Mother Ship.
- You can configure a percentage value of 0% (deactivaded) to 90% in steps of 10 percentage points.
- Once this value is set, the ship will evaluate its damage after each combat round and will withdraw from the combat if the damage is above the set value.
- Escape configuration for 20% Resistance.
- On the 1st round the ship had 90% resistance left, thus it stays in combat.
- On the 2nd round the ship had 19% resistance left, therefore it will withdraw.
- On the 2nd round the ship was destroyed.
- The percentage value refers to the ship's resistance at the start of the combat.
- Example: if it is at 50% resistance and the value is 30% this will mean that the ship will withdraw when its resistance goes below 15% (and the ship is not destroyed).
2.5 Collection Module
- This Module enables the Mother Ship Collection ability.
- When built, you will be albe to send the ship in Collect Missions from the the Collect Section.
2.6 Repair Module
- This module provides repairing aid when the ammount of damage is small, resulting in a discount in the repairing price of the Mother Ship.
- Formula: MAX(0, 30% - PERC_DAMAGE)
- When the resistance of the ship is nearly at 100%, there is a discount of about 30% on the ship's repair.
- When the resistance of the ship is below 70% there no discount.
- Instalation of this module is distributed throughout the whole ship, which makes it the most time consuming module to be constructed.
- Each module has a certain set of requirements that can be consulted in: Panel -> Mother Ship -> Requirements.
- The Ship may only be evolved in the region where it is stationed.
- Construction time is calculated by adding Hangar and Armament Factory working rates.
- To evolve the Mother Ship, both the Hangar and the Armament Factory must be stopped, meaning they must not be building units.
- When a construction is ordered, the process is displayed in the Hangar and Armament Factory List as a Mother Ship Order.
- Details of the order are indicated in the section Mother Ship -> Construction.
- If you cancel the order (either on Hangar or on Armament) you will lose the economy corresponding the percentage already build, always loosing no less than 10%.
- During the construction time the Mother ship will be unavailable in the following manners:
- It cannot be used in missions;
- It will not enter any combats if the region is under attack.
- Every Module except Special ones and Structural Basis can be demolished.
- To demolish a module, you can access the section Mother Ship -> Demolition.
- In this section only modules that you have will be listed.
- You can only perform demolitions if the ship is undamaged.
- Module demolition generates debris that are automatically stored on the Recycler.
- If the recycler is full, all surplus debris will be lost (meaning they will not hover above the zone).
- The Mother Ship is the only ship in the game that can accumulate damage.
- The higher the damage on the ship, the less resistance it will have.
- The resistance percentage corresponds the performance of the ship both in combat and in capacity.
- This means if the ship has 25% resistance, then:
- Each cannon will fire with 25% of original fire power.
- Each shield will absorb with 25% of original sbsortion power.
- The armor and cargo capacity will only be used at most to 25% of their capacity.
- Repairs on the ship are performed on the Construction section, and will have a cost proportional to the damage the ship has to its price.
- Repair Module will lower this cost using the above displayed formula.
- If the ship is damaged, it must be fully repaired in order to build new modules or evolve the Structural Basis.
- The value of the ship is calculated by multiplying its Resistance with the Total Cost of the ship.
- Total cost of the ship is 100.000 M and 30.000 D.
- The ship is at 50% Resistance.
- Therefore the value of the ship is 50.000 M and 15.000 D.
- Score associated to the Mother Ship works the same way, this means if the ship has only 10% resistance, then the player only has 10% of the ship's points.
- Data about Mother Ship will be displayed throughout distinct sections in an spy report.
- In the H (Hangar) section, it is displayed whether the player has the ship or not.
- If the ship is under construction (or a module) the number will be red.
- In the M (Mother Ship) section:
- Display of the total cost and surplus energy.
- Display of Structural Basis, Capacity and Engines used.
- Display of Weaponry and Shielding.
- In the X (Hidden) section:
- Display of the ship's resistance.
- Display of Escape Module configuration (if installed).
- When performing a joint defense, the ship's properties can only be seen using a Sensor.
- The Mother Ship has a special behavior in combat for two reasons:
- Withdrawal Ability - explained above in Special Modules.
- Damage accumulation causes its resistance to be updated each round and consequentialy, its performance too (explained above in Resistance).
- When selecting targets, intelligent selection will occur based on the ship's Nanites value component.
- If the nanites value component is equal or greater than 5, the ship will have intelligent targeting.
- To calculate this value, the total cost of the ship is multiplied by its resistance.
- Intelligent targeting is not updated during combat, this means the ship will retain its targeting behavior throughout the whole combat, regardless of damage.
- In the combat report it is displayed the initial and final resistance of each Mother Ship, its composition of price, structural basis, capacity and power.
- Because the Mother Ship can become damaged, the corrosion effects are applied to its resistance.
- Suppose a Mother Ship has a 5% chance of becoming corroded.
- The ship is at 50% resistance.
- After the corrosion event, the ship's resistance will be in average with 45%.
9. F.A.Q.Q: Is there any utility program that provides simulation of Mother Ship's behavior, depending upon its configurations?
A: Yes, it can be found at SE-EXTRAS.
Q: Is there a possibility of starting a Mother Ship with a Combustion Engine?
A: Not at this stage.
Q: If I build a Mother Ship identical to an already existing ship in the game, will I have better results?
A: Such is not to be expected, because this is an custom built and as such has a higher cost. Furthermore, ability to accumulate damage will cause is efficiency to be lower than other ships with the same firepower.
Q: Will there be new special modules?
A: Yes, some other special modules are being prepared for a future release..