- The colonization is performed via the Generic section, where the players can setup the data for the Colonization mission.
- In the game, one can possess up to 11 regions scattered across the 8 existing planets
- On Earth there is a set limit of 3 regions per player.
- To proceed with a colonization, the players must choose:
- The destination - location for the new colony;
- The amount of economy to send, in order to facilitate the development of the colony;
- Adicional options for the colonization.
1. Required steps
- As previously stated, there are 3 fundamental steps:
1.1 Destination and Propulsion
The first part concerns the details of propulsion. It is established in the following manner:
- Selection of the destination, where the player chooses one of the 8 planets and inputs the zone and region to be colonized.
- It should be noted that there exist Colonization Vehicles and Colonization Ships;
- The Vehicles are terrestrial and, as such, can only colonize on Earth;
- The Ships can colonize in any planet.
- Indication of voyage duration and the colonization fleet's time of arrival at the destination;
- If available, the player can opt on whether or not to use this system - affects the fuel consumption and
- Indication of the amount of fuel that will be used for the voyage;
- Control of the speed at which the voyage is to be made:
- Determined as a percentage of the maximum speed, in 10% increments or in detail (clicking on *);
- Affects the fuel consumption and voyage duration.
1.2 EconomiesThe second part refers to the economies and the cargo space of the colonization fleet. It is established in the following manner:
- Amount of each economy to be placed on the colonization fleet
- Each Robot takes up 2000 capacity units;
- The "max" option allows placing the maximum amount of resources possible, until either the fleet capacity or the existing resources, at the departure colony, reach 0;
- With Robots it is frequent to have some unused space left, less than 2000 capacity units;
- Option to clean all resources (resets all economies to 0);
- Available and total capacity:
- Option to place all resources
- Fills the fleet with resources to the maximum capacity
- The available resource capacity is filled with resources in the following order: Metal, Diamond, Hydrogen, Zion, Nanites, Robots.
1.3 Confirmation and adicional optionsThe third part addresses additional options and mission confirmation. It is established in the following manner:
- Selection of the amount of colonization vehicles or ships (colonizers) to be employed in the colony's construction;
- Option to search for free regions in the neighbourhood of the selected destination;
- Useful in the eventuality that the destination region has already been occupied;
- Only for ships - affects the fuel consumption and the travel time.
- Acceptance of the data and fleet departure.
2. The colonization Process and the use of multiple colonizers
2.1 The colonization
- The colonization is a process that requires a considerable amount of time be spent performing intensive labour and terrain preparation in order to evolve a new colony.
- When a region is being colonized, that colony is unable to contact the Empire.
Planets' Properties page).
- The duration of the process varies according to the planet being colonized (for further details, view the
- During that period, no communication will take place between the new colony and the empire.
to the empire.
- During the same period, the colony may by the target of espionage and attacks, without notification
- Only after the colonization process is complete, will the empire be made aware of the events which occurred during the colonization.
- Each Colonization Vehicle provides the new colony with a minimum of 1000 units of metal, 500 units of Diamond and 1 robot.
- Each Colonization Ship provides the new colony with a minimum of 2000 units of metal, 1000 units of Diamond and 2 robots.
2.2 Employing multiple Colonizers
- The colonization process can be accelerated with the use of several colonizers for the setup of a single new colony.
- This may prove useful when a fast and strategic colonization is intended.
- Each Colonization Vehicle add 1000 units of Metal, 500 units of Diamond and 1 robot to the new colony, when deployed along with other Colonization Vehicles.
- Each Colonization Ship add 2000 units of Metal, 1000 units of Diamond and 2 robot to the new colony, when deployed along with other Colonization Ships.
3. Search for available regions in the vicinity of the destination (only for ships)
- In certain cases, the colonizer may take a long time to reach the destination, incurring the risk of finding it occupied upon arrival.
- To avoid the return of the colonizer, after a long voyage, the player can order it to search for a free region in the vicinity of the original destination.
- Typically on finding the destination region occupied, the colonizer will search for a unoccupied region nearby.
- This option implies sending a fuel reserve in order to perform the search.
- It also implies a slightly longer travel time.
- The duration of the colonization process depends on the destination planet as well as the number of colonizers used.
- It's calculation is performed in the following manner:
Time (in seconds) = Round_up[ (Time_on_Planet (in hours) / number_of_colonizers) x 3600 Example:
- If in Jupiter, a normal colonization (1 colonization ship) would take 48h:
- With 2 colonization ships it would take 48 / 2 = 24 hours.
- with 3 ships it would take 48 / 3 = 16 hours.